Corporate Health and Safety Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join our team and become the Council’s principle health and safety advisor. The post holder will lead on the review and development of policies and procedures and support the Council in ensuring compliance with its health and safety obligations. In relation to its employees, its management of its housing stock and commercial assets and the activities of its contractors.
Duties of the role include:
- Review and implement a comprehensive Health and Safety strategy.
- Prepare and manage Health & Safety arrangements for all Council activities.
- Monitor and implement the organisation's Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure the organisation is compliant with Health & Safety legislation and to reduce and prevent hazards, dangers, and accidents.
- Carrying out site inspections / audits with photographic evidence and documented report.
- Full responsibility over health and safety hazard and risk analysis.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the workers but also of the workplace, environment, and the general public.
- Co-ordinate staff health and safety training and toolbox talks.
- Monitor and report on accidents and incidents and report through internal procedures.
- Act as a point of contact for external bodies in relation to all health & safety matters.
- Support and advise service managers and employees on health & safety management and compliance.
- Promote a proactive health & safety culture among employees and site staff.
Suitable applicants will be:-
- Assertive people-centric with excellent communication skills, with a pro-active approach to projects, and building relationships across the business.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualified, ideally with experience of working in office environments, construction and maintenance and with external contractors.
We are an ambitious, dynamic and innovative local authority. Key to our success is our commitment to team working and ongoing development of our high performing, highly engaged workforce, who all share in the delivery of the organisation’s values and corporate objectives.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Richard Homewood, Executive Head of Regulatory Services, Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org (01483 523411).
We do not accept CVs without a completed application form. Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on Monday 4 March 2024.
Interview date: Tuesday 12 March 2024
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert.
To apply for this vacancy, click the “Apply Online” link.
If you are not already on Waverley Borough Council's website for this vacancy, you will be redirected to our website's jobs page. Either click "Apply Online" at the bottom of this page, or at the top left hand side under Waverley Borough Council click either the "Log in" button (if you are already registered) or the "Register" button.
You will be redirected to the JobsGoPublic system, which manages our online recruitment process. Once you have registered with JobsGoPublic (which is free to use) you can log in to your application at any time and keep track of where you are in the recruitment process.
If you are unable to use this service or would like assistance, please contact us via email@example.com or call the Human Resources team on 01483 523388.